In MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: The $ickness Industry, Big Pharma and Suppressed Cures, we highlight alternative cancer treatments, but we also warn readers that the natural health sector has attracted its share of quacks, too, so all claims of cures should be treated with a degree of skepticism until proven.
Following on from our recent (November 27) post on this subject, here’s another excerpt from a chapter titled “Finding (hiding) a cure for cancer” lifted from Medical Industrial Complex:
However, automatically riding roughshod over claims of natural cures, especially where those claims are supported by glowing and apparently bona-fide testimonials, is no more the answer than gullibly believing them all.
There are those who may argue that Big Pharma could also make money out of cures for cancer and that it would be a lot easier than suppressing cures. To counter that, many independent medical researchers say long-term or ongoing cancer treatments, like chemotherapy, would be far more profitable than delivering single-visit cures. It has been estimated that the average cancer patient spends tens of thousands of dollars on standard treatments with some even spending hundreds of thousands.
To quote the natural health website Mercola.com once more, “There is so much you can do to lower your risk for cancer”.
The site lists its “12 top cancer prevention strategies”. These include:
- Food preparation – “Eat at least one-third of your food raw.”
- Carbohydrates and sugar – “Reduce or eliminate processed foods, sugar/fructose and grain-based foods.”
- Protein and fat – “Consider reducing your protein levels to one gram per kilogram of lean body weight.”
- GMOs – “Avoid genetically engineered foods.”
- Animal-based Omega-3 fats – “Normalize your ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fats by taking a high-quality krill oil.”
- Natural probiotics – “Optimize your gut flora…add naturally fermented food to your diet.”
- Exercise – “Make regular exercise a priority…lowers insulin levels.”
- Vitamin D – “Decrease your risk of cancer by more than half simply by optimizing your vitamin D levels with appropriate sun exposure.”
- Sleep – “Make sure you are getting enough restorative sleep.”
- Exposure to toxins – “Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins.”
- Exposure to radiation – “Limit your exposure and protect yourself from radiation produced by cell phones, towers, base stations, and Wi-Fi stations.”
- Stress management – “Stress from all causes is a major contributor to disease.”
If you have cancer or know anyone who has been diagnosed with the disease, Massimo Mazzucco’s 2010 documentary film Cancer: The Forbidden Cures is a good starting place for those searching for natural cures.
Of course, always consult with your doctor first. (And in case you’re wondering, this is a disclaimer we had to include for legal reasons).
Again, Big Pharma’s repeat customers are sick people. From a financial perspective, cured people are of little use.
As the cancer industry alone is a multi-trillion dollar industry for Big Pharma, it seems believable that if any cure was to be suppressed for financial gain it would be a cancer cure.
Medical Industrial Complex is available exclusively on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/MEDICAL-INDUSTRIAL-COMPLEX-Suppressed-Underground-ebook/dp/B00Y8Y3TUM/