Calling all bookworms… Just because you don’t own a Kindle device doesn’t mean you can’t download and read Kindle ebooks.
You can download Amazon’s FREE Kindle app for your smartphone, tablet and computer.
Here’s what Amazon has to say about it:
- Buy Once, Read Everywhere: You don’t need to own a Kindle device to enjoy Kindle books. Download one of our free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on all your devices. The Kindle app is available for every major smartphone, tablet, and computer. That means with our free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed. And of course, you can also read that same Kindle book on a Kindle device if you own one.
- With Amazon’s Whispersync technology, you can automatically save and synchronize your furthest page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights across all your devices. That means you can start reading a book on one device, and pick up where you left off on another device.
- Shop the Kindle Store for over one million Kindle books, including new releases and New York Times® best sellers. If you are a non-U.S. customer, book pricing and availability may vary.
- Read the first chapter of a book before you decide whether to buy it.
- Read thousands of free books with a Kindle app, including popular classics like The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Pride and Prejudice, and Treasure Island.
- Go into your local library to check out an eBook, and have it delivered wirelessly to your Kindle app.
- Adjust a book’s text size to your desired comfort level for easier reading.
And here’s a shameless plug for our novels – all available now as Kindle ebooks!
Happy reading! –Lance & James