Studies have universally shown that what you eat can definitely influence your intelligence. This is especially true for increasing the IQ of children.
It’s official…brain food boosts IQ.
We share our knowledge on this subject in a chapter titled ‘The high IQ diet’ in our new release bestseller GENIUS INTELLIGENCE: Secret Techniques and Technologies to Increase IQ.
An excerpt from the book follows:
A 2011 article headed Food for thought – diet does boost your intelligence, by Richard Alleyne, Science Correspondent for UK newspaper The Telegraph, confirms that “Children brought up on healthy diets are more intelligent compared with their junk food eating counterparts, new research suggests.”
The article states, “Toddlers fed a diet packed high in fats, sugars, and processed foods had lower IQs than those fed pasta, salads and fruit, it was found. The effect is so great that researchers from the University of Bristol said those children with a “healthier” diet may get an IQ boost.
“Scientists stressed good diet was vital in a child’s early life as the brain grows at its fastest rate during the first three years of life.”
Children fed breast milk have also been shown to develop higher IQ’s.
Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), for example, is an omega-3 fatty acid found in breast milk, and a lack of DHA hinders brain development.
Large quantities of the fatty acid Lauric Acid are also found in breast milk and this, too, has major benefits for developing brains.
Breast milk is a wonderfully complex substance and scientists are still trying to figure out how exactly it has so many benefits for children’s brains.
However, it’s not just children who can increase their IQ’s with diet. Adults can, too.
Research has shown that certain foods, herbs and natural supplements can sharpen memory, lift mental performance and generally boost brain power.
These beneficial dietary items include:
- Leafy greens and orange-red fruits and vegetables such as apricots, mangoes, red peppers and spinach, which all boost brain function as a result of their antioxidants and beta carotene properties.
- Certain organic breakfast cereals – especially those fortified with folic acid – have many mental benefits.
- Fresh seafood has a beneficial impact on the brain as a result of the biochemical roles played by the omega-3 fats and zinc content.
- Nuts and seeds have essential fatty acids and phospho-lipids that aid brain nerve cells.
- Protein-rich foods contain large amounts of the brain chemical dopamine, which increases mental alertness.
- Ginkgo Biloba is a herb that improves blood flow to the brain and has been proven to be a valid way to increase memory and concentration powers.
- Phosphatidylserine (PS) is a chemical compound that has been shown to assist with learning, focus and memory.
- Vinpocetine is a plant extract that’s a cerebral vasodilator – meaning it widens blood vessels in the brain and allows more blood to enter the head for oxygenation to occur. The result is greater mental alertness. Recent studies indicate Vinpocetine may also be one of the most powerful memory enhancers on the planet.
General rules for eating for brain optimization include:
- Rather than eating one or two large meals, consume regular small meals throughout the day as this has positive psychological effects.
- Eat enough carbohydrates as the brain needs glucose to function.
- Never skip breakfast, otherwise blood sugar levels will drop by late morning and this will negatively affect memory.
There’s also some good news for alcohol lovers. Red wine, due to the grape content, has a protective agent called resveratrol, which scientific research has shown to stimulate brain cells. Beer can also be a brain-booster because of its high quantities of boron and B vitamins – both of which affect mental function.
However, the golden rule of everything in moderation definitely applies to the subject of alcohol and intelligence as overdrinking kills brain cells – never a good thing if you’re already low on brain cells or are looking to increase your intelligence!
To read more about the high IQ diet check out GENIUS INTELLIGENCE: Secret Techniques and Technologies to Increase IQ – http://www.amazon.com/GENIUS-INTELLIGENCE-Techniques-Technologies-Underground-ebook/dp/B00QXQQWXO/
To view the discussion thread on genius intelligence (the phenomenon) in our ‘Underground Knowledge’ group on Goodreads check out: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/142309-29-conspiracy-theories—a-discussion-group >>> Everyone’s welcome!